InnovatED is a leading educational conference, exhibitions and virtual event organiser.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations (EU) 2016/679) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation and the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Data Protection Legislation”), the data controller is InnovatED Pty Ltd, registered in Australia with ACN 627 087 227. Registered address: PO Box 2236, Woolooware, NSW 2230.
2.0 Who we are
The data controller is InnovatED Pty Ltd.
3.0 Information covered by our policy
This policy covers all personal information collected and used by InnovatED Pty Ltd. In this policy “personal information” means information that (either in isolation or in combination with other information held by us) enables you to be identified as an individual or recognised directly or indirectly. This may include your name, date of birth, sex, postal address, email address, computer IP address, phone number and technical information from the devices you use to receive our services.
4.0 Personal data
You may be asked to provide personal data whilst you are in contact with us. Personal data is information that can be used to identify or contact you. You do not have to provide the personal data that we request, however, if you choose not to, we may not be able to provide you with the products and/or services that you have requested.
If you are a child or young adult under the age of 18 years, you must ask your parent or legal guardian to approve your provision of personal information before you submit your personal details to us.
We are collecting this information on the basis that you have obtained consent from your parent or legal guardian for the provision of this information.
5.0 Legal basis for processing your personal data
We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the purposes for which we have collected and used your personal information. In almost every case the legal basis will be one of the following:
5.1 The legitimate interests of InnovatED Pty Ltd events and services: Where it is necessary for us to understand our customers, promote our services and operate effectively as a conference and exhibitions company, provided in each case that this is done in a legitimate way which does not unduly affect your personal privacy and other rights. We will rely on this legal basis when we conduct certain market analysis to understand our customers in sufficient detail so we can create new services and improve the profile of our events.
5.2 Consent: Where you have provided your consent to receive certain marketing or event information from us and the exhibitors you engage with at the virtual event. You can withdraw your consent at any time, including by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email we/they send you. You will also have the option to update your preferences on what information you receive from us. Example: newsletters, general marketing updates etc.
5.3 Performance of a contract with you: To arrange a meeting with an exhibitor, confirming details for your exhibition stand set up, or confirming a booking of an event ticket via email and we need to use your contact details to pass on to the third party as part of our contractual obligation to you.
6.0 How we collect and process your personal data
We may collect and process the following data about you:
6.1 Information you give us. You may give us personal data by filling in forms on our sites or corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information provided at the time of using our sites, registering to attend an event, requesting services, using the ‘enquiry’ function and when you report a problem with our sites. The personal data you give us may include your name, email address, school, year at school, mobile telephone number, as well as other non-sensitive personal information.
6.2 (a) Information we collect from you. With regard to each of your visits to our sites we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
6.2 (b) Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”) clickstream to, through and from our sites (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
6.3 Information we receive from other sources. This is information we may receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or any of the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example universities, educational institutions, schools, sub-contractors in payment services, sponsors and other exhibitors). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
6.4 To attend the event for which you are registered, your data (first name, last name, email, school, year at school) will be shared with contracted third parties acting as the Exhibitor/Sponsor/Visitor Liaison, Venue Management or Ticketing and Registration platforms.
8.1 What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files containing user IDs that are automatically placed on your computer or other device when you visit a website. The Cookies are stored by the internet browser. The browser sends the Cookies back to the website on each subsequent visit, allowing the website to recognise your computer or device. This recognition enables the website provider to observe your activity on the website, deliver a personalised, responsive service and improve the website.
8.2 How are we using cookies?
9.0 Where we are storing your personal data
We’ll take care to ensure that your personal information is secure.
We follow industry standard practice security protocols across our business to ensure that information is protected. Our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to our systems
We restrict access to personal information to InnovatED Pty Ltd staff, contractors and agents on a need-to-know basis.
When we share information with our suppliers, we enter into agreements with them requiring them to comply with all applicable laws and controlling further distribution or disclosure of the information to other parties.
We will not keep your personal information for longer than necessary for the permitted purposes. We regularly review the data we hold and implement programmes to delete unnecessary information from our systems.
We may need to keep certain information for reasonable business or legal purposes (e.g. accounts information, unsubscribe records, information needed to prevent identity theft, legal disputes and misconduct) even if deletion has been requested.
10.0 Your data protection rights
InnovatED Pty Ltd always will enable you to exercise your rights as provided by data protection laws.
You have these rights in relation to your information:
- Access: You can obtain confirmation of whether we hold any information about you and, if so, you can access your information and details of how we process it, as long as this does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- Rectification: We will rectify any errors in the personal information we hold on request.
- Erasure: You can ask us to delete your personal information from our systems in the following situations:
- The information is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected
- You withdraw your consent on which the information processing is based and where there is no other legal ground for the processing
- You object to the information processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing
- The information has been unlawfully processed
- The information has to be deleted for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to restrict our information processing on specified grounds.
- Notification: Where you’ve asked us to rectify, delete or restrict processing of your information, we’ll pass on your instructions to anyone we’ve shared your information with, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort, in which case we’ll let you know.
- Data portability: You have the right in specific circumstances (where automated processing is based on consent) to receive your information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit the information to another entity without hindrance.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to our processing of your information, including in relation to profiling, direct marketing or scientific or historical research purposes.
- Automated individual decision making: We don’t carry out this kind of decision making. However, for your information, you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you unless this is necessary for our contract, is authorised under applicable law or is based on your explicit consent.
11.0 Contact us
Terms, Conditions and Refunds
- InspirationED must be advised in writing for all cancellations.
- For cancellations after the application closing date and up to 10 working days prior to workshop start date, an administration fee of 20% applies. However, where possible, we are more than happy to modify your registration, change dates or move venues when there is the capacity to do so. In short, we are here to support you with your HSC studies.
- For cancellations 10 working days prior to workshop start date there will be no refunds or credits. Again, please note, we will do everything we can to modify your program if possible so that you are able to attend the live events.
- InspirationED reserves the right to cancel workshops and change workshop details including venue and content if deemed appropriate. Advertised content is subject to change; correct at time of publishing.
- For students that wish to apply for a refund as the course has not met their needs, all applications for a refund are to be sent (in writing) within 7 days after the scheduled workshop. All workshop booklets are to be returned by post in this time and an adequate reason must be provided for a refund to be considered.
Live Streamed and On-Demand Videos
- Live Streamed events are strictly for students only. Teachers are not permitted to purchase these and show them to their students.
- Teachers can email email@example.com to discuss site licence options.
- All lecture material, including handouts is protected by copyright and cannot be distributed, printed or copied in any form.
- Each purchase is for a single user only.
Payments can be made via our secure credit card facility.
Your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology. 128-bit SSL encryption is the current industry standard. InspirationED uses Stripe for its online credit card transactions. Stripe processes online credit card transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet. All online credit card transactions performed on this site using Stripe are secured payments. Payments are fully automated with an immediate response. Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by HSC in the Holidays or any outside party. All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate. All transaction data is encrypted for storage within Stripe’s bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data. Stripe is an authorised third party processor for all the major Australian banks. Stripe at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by InspirationED.
Siblings and Multiple Applications
Separate application forms and payments are required for each student applying i.e.: two students, two application forms and two payments. Whilst Inspiration ED makes attempts to accommodate individual needs, we cannot guarantee to meet requests for students to be placed with specific friends or relatives.
Information about university partner events
Email communication with relevant university partners is a vital way of letting you know about special events, scholarships, UAC entry details and special offers. If you would not like to receive information from our university partners, please let us know by sending and email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will ensure that you are unsubscribed.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.